Would the Auxiliaries have had a significant effect on the German advance?

Would the Auxiliaries have had a significant effect on the German advance?

A question asked by CART CIO Adrian Pye.

Re: Would the Auxiliaries have had a significant effect on the German advance?

CART Yorkshire
Banned User
I dont think so. The German Army was its very best in the early years, it was a battle hardened well disciplined army with extremely good weaponry  and we only have to look across the channel at the French resistance. Of course they created a little mayhem but the Germans were still there and in force up till '44

Re: Would the Auxiliaries have had a significant effect on the German advance?

Shaun
In Wiltshire if they targeted the Great Western Railway, which i am sure there was plans too, i think they would have caused a delay in their advance. Certianly the Home Guard units of the Great Western Railway would have been an ideal source of information regarding weak points etc.
Interested in anything related to Auxiliary Wiltshire Patrols and the Wiltshire Regt.