When were the Aux Units first exposed?

Most people say the Aux Units were a guarded secret until David Lampes book in the 60's but we have just been handed an article from 1945 about them.

Whilst browsing through a backcopy of War Illustrated Vol.9 No. 213 dated 17th August 1945 (the war with Japan just over!), Arthur Cook from Blitz and Peaces found an article about the Aux units role during WW II.

Could this be the first post war article in the public domain about their role?

You can see it here

Re: When were the Aux Units first exposed?

Matt Gibbs
It would seem, from discussion on the WW2 Reenactment forum, that this was indeed, not the first article relating to the Aux Units. It was pipped at the post by the Times amongst other dailies, as we are informed by Austin Ruddy, who produced a short article before the end of the war, along the same lines as the one in War Illustrated.

"Yank" Levy's interesting book from 1943, published by Penguin, on Guerilla Warfare, advocates a unit of the clandestine type a la Aux Units, but does not do so in the full knowlege of their actual existence!

Regards
Matt Gibbs