Webbing.

Shaun
Hi all,

With regards when the Auxiliarys went out on training exercises and patrols. Di dthey wear/ carry 37 pattern webbing? If so was it configured in any particular way?

Or did they carry the "Airborne" style bergan and fight out of this? I ask as alot of the Aux guys seemed to have moved onto 1SAS and they carried this bergan and fought out of it. Was wondering if the two were related.

Cheers
Interested in anything related to Auxiliary Wiltshire Patrols and the Wiltshire Regt.

Re: Webbing.

CART Yorkshire
Banned User
Hi Shaun
Most of the Aux Unit Members I have spoke to wore the Home Guard Uniform so it would have been configured their way however most said that they wore their pistols which were not Home guard issue in any configuration they pleased.

Re: Webbing.

Shaun
Excellent,

Thats a fantastic help.

Many thanks.

Interested in anything related to Auxiliary Wiltshire Patrols and the Wiltshire Regt.

Re: Webbing.

Auxilier Bob Millard has asked me to add the following.

"Tony and I who joined from the HG took our webbing with us, This was issued in the early days and we had the old leather pouches and a frog for the P17 bayonet. When we were issued with S &W revolvers we had the long strap webbing holster with cleaning rod and loops for 6 rounds as , I beleive were issued to tank crews. The patrol was not issued with webbing or pouches but we did get small webbing back packs for carrying charges etc."