South Glamorgan Patrol - Dinas Powys

Alan Pugh
Hi
I am a retired teacher interested in local history. My partner and I regularly go for meals with her step-father - Sydney Britton.
He was in the Auxiliary units at the start of the war but later joined the Commandos seeing action in the Anzio landings etc..
He tells me he was in the Dinas Powys patrol South Glamorgan - the only other patrols he knows about were Wenvoe and St. Nicholas and that the headquarters were at Porthcawl. He had the .22 rifle as he was a well-known poacher!

He tells me his Operation Base was in the woods at Cwrt-yr-Ala but has not been there since so not aware if destroyed. I showed him a Google Earth photo of 1945 of the woods but he could only remember it was in the centre but could see the ponds.

Regards

Alan Pugh

Re: South Glamorgan Patrol - Dinas Powys

Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for this.

Please can you email me ASAP?

Hq@coleshillhouse.com