Scottish Aux Units Had Their Own Newsletter

Scottish Aux Units Had Their Own Newsletter

I have just read a page here http://www.btinternet.com/~david.waller/caithness2.htm that states that some of the Aux Units in northern Scotland had their own Aux Newsletter.

I have also read a lot recently that Scottish Aux Units knew lots about nearby patrols and that it was not as 'secret' as it appeared to be in England.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Scottish Aux Units Had Their Own Newsletter

David Blair
Hi Tom,
            Yes, the newsletter is interesting, I would have thought it was not for general circulation or rather it was' an in house publication for areas in the romote parts of Scotland, the fact it has survived is remarkable. When you read in the Last Ditch (pp106) about Fiddes-Watt producing a newsletter entitled the 'Password' and Lampe saying it was probably the only publication to spring out of the Resistance Movement in Britain, little did he know that there was indeed an actual Auxunit newsletter produced....I do know of some units training with each other especially units in the very far  North, some areas that were remote had units who knew each other and had a close relationship with other members, such as an uncle or cousin being in a seperate patrol from  his relative/etc.......I think there was more to this than has been let out. But the security was always kept.They would not ''big time' it to the normal civvie population.......I'm sure when the preverbial hit the fan on the day, they would need each other in the coming weeks if not months of a sustained occupation and combined patrols or survivors of Operational patrols, being seconded to another local area, hence the universal training of patrols at say;Melville House or Blairmore house, they were all almost 'singing off the same song sheet'