Research.

Shaun
How does one go about researching/ finding out if someone served in the Auxiliary Units? As i have an Uncle Ted Dobbas, who served in the Home Guard and it would be interesting to know anything about this man.

Interested in anything related to Auxiliary Wiltshire Patrols and the Wiltshire Regt.

Re: Research.

CARTDorset
Normally if you know someone was in the Home Guard, they were in the regular Home Gaurd as patrol members tended to be fairly secretive. Research depends on where and when they served. Some counties had no Aux Units patrols as these operated mostly near to the coast. If they served in an area with Aux Units then you can complete our online we search request. This then lets us check against the lists of men known to have served. If they aren't listed, this doesn't absolutely rule out Aux Units service. Some men joined or left between when records were made.

If they don't seem to have been in Aux Units, then the local record office may have details for regular Home Guard units. It is a bit hit and miss what they hold.

CARTDorset