Operation Bulbasket

David Blair
This post was updated on .
Hi Folks,
              If we can pause for a moment today to remember the 33 members of B sqn 1 SAS who were captured and later executed by German forces while on Operation Bulbasket which ran from June-August 1944 in the Poitiers- Verriers region of France, on this job were a number of former Auxunit members, including men from various Scout Sections. 3 were never found; one was Joe Ogg who was a former member of a patrol in Morayshire Scotland.On this day at dawn, 67 years ago the 33 captured men were executed...........

    Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush.
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

Thank you,

David Blair CIO Scotland