Odd underground find in the woods.

Trevor W
Good day, walking our dog we found an underground cellar like construction in the woods with clear remnants of brick, corrugated iron roof supports etc - and what seemed like 2 trapdoors, one by the underground room and one some distance away.

It may be something or nothing but I have photographed it anyway.

If anyone is interested I can forward the photographs.

Re: Odd underground find in the woods.

Hi Trevor,

Yes we are very interested.

Please can you email me directly? hq@coleshillhouse.com

Thank you.

Re: Odd underground find in the woods.

Trevor W.
I have sent you some photographs - they show the main room area with obvious damage over the years - one trapdoor type entry is bu the collapsed sides and the other is some distance away. I have photos of the trapdoor supports - a basic square of l shaped metal such as you find over a domestic drain cover.
Inside is brick - the roof appears to be concrete slabs supported by what I would describe as old railway lines - does that make sense?
A part of the far wall has been bricked up and this faces the direction of the other exit some 5 or 6 metres away.

I have more photographs. I will tell you where the locale is by email.
I hope this is not wasting your time.
Kind regards
Trevor W.

Re: Odd underground find in the woods.

Leeds Andy
Hi

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering if there has been any more information gleaned about this find.

Also would it be ok to obtain a  rough idea of its locale please.

Regards

Andy