More uniform questions

Kev55
Hi All, I've just come accross photo's of a reenactment group portraying a Worcester 202 unit, but they wear khaki berets, were they ever issued ??, or might they have been private purchase, also does anyone know anything about Black Leather gaiters, I was sold a pair after being told that they were Home Guard issue, (they have a single buckle and eyelets)

Re: More uniform questions

Bill Ashby
Kev

Side caps were the norm I have only seen one photograph of a berets being worn - that was the Leiston Patrol in Suffolk. I have no record of them being issued (they may have been) but side caps were.

I have never heard or seen of single strap anklets.  Take a look on our personal equipment page - I have put photographs of the various items of kit worn by Aux.  Including photos of leather and webbing.

Hope this helps

Re: More uniform questions

Kev55

The gaiters I mentioned are stamped WD 238 and from what I can make out AC Co Ltd 1942, I've seen another pair on Ebay said to be Army, Navy, and Home Guard but with a different manufacturer.
Could these be a sort of extension to an ordinary boot ??, and if so would they be valid as Auxilliary kit ??
Kev