Home Guard recruits

shirley
Hello,
I am trying to find out if my father was a recruit - he was in the Home Guard during World War II but never talked much about the war.   He passed away some years ago and it would be good to find out if he was involved so I can tell his grandchildren. Is there a list of names that I could look at to find out more please?  Any information greatfully received.  Thanks.

Re: Home Guard recruits

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for contacting us.

I am afraid we have no names listed in Oxfordshire and there is no evidence to suggest there were any patrols operating in the county.

If you find out otherwise please do let us know.

Re: Home Guard recruits

Shirley
Many thanks for your reply.  If I find out any information I will contact you. Many thanks.

Re: Home Guard recruits

Tina Shaw
Is it possible to contact Shirley who has left a message here regarding her father in the home guard as I have a similar situation and wonder if they knew each other. tshaw47@talktalk.net.
many thanks,
Tina

Re: Home Guard recruits

CART Yorkshire
Banned User
Hi Tina
It seems Shirley is a unregistered user so we have no details about her I'm afraid. Was it the Oxford area you was interested in.

Re: Home Guard recruits

Tina Shaw
basically the exact same as Shirley, I wanted to contact her to see if our fathers would have known each other and why she thinks he may have been linked to the auxillary units the same as my father who was also in the homeguard in oxfordshire and away for weeks at a time.
Tina