Holton Patrol OB (Suffolk)

Evelyn Simak
This post was updated on .
 The site is in the grounds of a private residence (Mill House, Holton) and the owner told us that the OB collapsed in the 1980s, and was consequently filled in.  Only a slight dip in the ground remains.  We found the emergency exit tunnel still intact.  I am planning to soon write a report (containing more pictures) and would be very grateful for information contributed by other members that I could add.

We have one name for this patrol.  It is A.J. Harrison, Rollesby, Gt Yarmouth.

An excerpt from his report (published in A. Hoare's book "Standing Up to Hitler"): "I became a member of a group in 202 Battallion in 1942 based at Halesworth.  There were six of us and I served until I was called up in 1944....Our concrete underground bunker was near the windmill at Holton.  We had a variety of weapons...I remember doing exercises and on one occasion we were taken to somewhere near Woodbridge....".  I will include the full report in the proper write-up.