Help needed to identify some items

These items were all found near Coleshill and we think they are connected with vehicles can you help us please?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bondmaster/sets/72157626342679590/detail/

Re: Help needed to identify some items

Bill A
We also found a 3 foot(?) length of rubber hose with a coil of wire along it's length.  The diameter was nearly 2".  Maybe a radiator or cooling hose.  Any guesses?

Re: Help needed to identify some items

Stephen Lewins
Re Rubber pipe

  It might have been for a home made bomb. The inner tubes of bicycle tires were cut and filled with plastic explosive. If you laid them on the wing root of a plane and detonated them they would take the wing straight off. So maybe thats what your bit of pipe was intended for.

Re: Help needed to identify some items

Comments made by Will Ward. He is right about the gas mask filter box.

How about the last few photos being the bottom of an army issue gas mask filter box – the metal type seen in attached http://www.nzmuseums.co.nz/account/3015/object/476/Gas_Mask (struggled to find a really good picture, but I think they are carbon filled to provide absorptive filtering and had vents at the bottom side edges.

The Bakelite (I presume) round thing with 7 connectors is a distributor cap (from a 6 cylinder engine). Significant in an Aux Unit setting as this is what you remove to immobilise a vehicle during the war.

The blue glass jar looks to be a Vicks vaporub jar – see http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-gb%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLL_en-GB&biw=1003&bih=543&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=vintage+vivks+vaporub&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Lots of examples – with info on base of jar that would confirm

 The brown glass bottle has UGB – United Glass Bottle manufacturers Inc., apparently a large conglomerate company  based around St Helens using this mark 1913 to 1968

The metal square in the top left looks like a lock, but not enough detail.

The can is interesting with rather military looking yellow lettering – does it say “Carry open end up”? Could this be a teargas candle for testing gas masks?

Hope this helps

Will