Could this be an OB hatch counterweight?

Could this be an OB hatch counterweight?

Nina Hanaford, CART's CIO for Devon, has discovered this concrete filled bucket near the entrance to either the Ermington or Ugborough Patrol OB. She wonders if it might have been a counterweight for the entrance hatch. Thoughts?

Bucket

Re: Could this be an OB hatch counterweight?

Adrian Pye
I have never encountered a counterweight of this type and I would like to see whether or not there is a spigot at the other end of the object. If so I would say yes, in all probability. If not then it is unlikely.