COLESHILL EXPLOSION

Bill A
I recently visited the Pleydell-Bouverie family who kindly let me look through their photo albums.
Three photographs showed damage to the East Annex of Coleshill House caused by an explosion in 1942 or 1943.  These can be seen by pressing '4' on the Coleshill site tour & layout  page.

Wanted - any information or source leads relating to this happening

Thank you

Re: COLESHILL EXPLOSION

CARTDorset
Great photos
I can't help directly with the timing. However a couple of the soldiers are wearing Tam O'Shanters and another the Glengarry which indicates Scottish troops. I can't tell the regiment from the online pictures but there is one badge visible which might be identifiable if blown up from the original.

I see there are a couple of camouflaged sentry boxes and the photos show White painted patches or strips by all the entrances to help make them clearer in the blackout.

Thanks for posting them

Re: COLESHILL EXPLOSION

Bob Millard
Hello, I Believe the instructors at Coleshill were from the Lovat  Scouts. Bpb

Re: COLESHILL EXPLOSION

Bill A
Thanks Bob - I will have to see if they have a museum
Aii the best
Bill

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

From: "Bob Millard [via Coleshill House - Auxiliary Unit Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 02:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: Bill A<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: COLESHILL EXPLOSION

Hello, I Believe the instructors at Coleshill were from the Lovat  Scouts. Bpb

http://coleshill-house-auxiliary-unit-forum.15901.n3.nabble.com/COLESHILL-EXPLOSION-tp3090530p3117176.html
To unsubscribe from COLESHILL EXPLOSION, click here.