CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

This post has been set up so that CART & Halcrow can discuss how they may work together on producing various site plans and walkthroughs of the Coleshill estate.

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Bill A
This post was updated on .
IN THE BEGINNING.....

Eloise Young at Halcrows Burderop Park Office kindly posted this notice on their intranet site:

CAD services needed for history project

A group of amateur military historians, based in Swindon, is seeking a CAD technician to help digitise plans of sites used by a secret underground resistance movement during the second world war.

Former Halcrow employee Bill Ashby, now retired, is a member of the Coleshill auxiliary research team (CART) currently piecing together the activities of Winston Churchill’s wartime resistance organisation. Coleshill House near Highworth became the headquarters for the unit, and the research team is focusing its attentions on this site. Look on the CART website for more information on the team’s work.

The CAD technician will digitise plans of the house and an underground bunker and create new floor plans based on old photographs. These digitised plans will form the basis of a planned walk-through presentation.

If you can spare some of your evenings or weekends to help the research team and would like to contribute to the UK’s military history, please contact Bill on bill258@ntlworld.com or 07950 236 730.

I am pleased to say we now have Volunteers and the work has started.  This Forum can be used to liaise and monitor our efforts

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

We now have various offers of help so we need to firm up who is doing what and what time people can commit.

Bill Ashby has put forward the following;

Peter - To create CAD plans of Coleshill House
Ian - To create CAD plans of out buildings
Paul - To focus on the rest of the estate layout and other WW2 buildings
Roger Napier - To work with the above to create 3D virtual walkthroughs.
Martin - GIS (helping with all the above where possible)

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

roger littleworth
Thought I would introduce myself and get to know you, I'm fairly new to Halcrow, so please forgive me if i sit next to you and don't recognise our names!

Regarding the 3D model and walkthroughs/visuals it would be interesting to know how the rest of you are planning to digitise the existing drawings i will be able to use much of your information to help build the model(s), I will be using Microstation which can import dwg/dxf data.

I think it would be good to start with the main building, starting with a basic model and building up detail as it becomes available and also imagery, would be good to see what information you have available and how you are going to structure the data. I'm on x 6342 in Swindon or email me littleworthrm@halcrow.com.

look forward to working with you all

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Thanks Roger.

For those who are planning to prepare the OB drawing, this may help.
http://www.coleshillhouse.com/CART-Images/img%20jeff064.jpg

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Bill A
This post was updated on .
A sketch by Bronwen Thomas of the Existing OB (Operational Base) on the Coleshill Estate,

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Ian edwards
Hi,

Just a note of introduction, I have been with Halcrow for just under 7 years and for my sins I work in the Highways skill group here in Cardiff as CAD manager.

I will be using AutoCAD2010 to produce 2D floor plans of the out buildings, with the possibility of using this data to produce a 3D model using sketch-up software, although my knowledge of sketch-up is a bit sketchy(groan!!! no pun intended)

Roger, if you have any special requirements regarding format please let me know I have already made contact with Peter.

I can be contacted at edwardsi@halcrow.com or Cardiff ext 327

Thanks and glad to be aboard

Ian

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Thanks Ian. We also have this offer of help.

If you would like me to produce some animation based on your cad drawings let me know.

Paul Napier

Senior Technician, Land Development

Halcrow Yolles

Red Hill House, 227 London Road, Worcester, WR5 2JG

tel +44 (0) 1905 361395

www.halcrowyolles.com

Re: CART / Halcrow - Coleshill House - Plans

Bill A
Hi Guys

Peter Kleberc is working on plans of the House.

I have found an elevation of the house and a few other part sections.  Could one of you find time to liaise with Peter and start on Elevations and sections?  We have plans of a mezzanine floor it would be interesting to see how that could fit it.

Thanks

Bill