Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Matt C
Hi,

Looking for information on units and personnel involved in Auxiliary Units based around the Haverfordwest area of Pembroke (likely Milford Haven?), any suggestions on where to find further information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Karl
Hi Matt

Stokey Lewis was a distant relative of mine, and I've got the book about his life 'The Story of Stokey Lewis VC' written by Walter Ireland in the 1980s. If you can't find it in a library I can scan in the relevant pages which cover his time in the Milford Haven Auxiliary Unit. The book mentions Camrose Whitland Nevern and Stepaside as other Pembrokeshire units. I once spent a day with some friends looking for the remains of the unit operational base in woodland near Milford Haven, but sadly without success!

Hope this is useful.

Karl

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Andy
Hi Karl
I would be interested in readingany info you have if you can scan the pages. My email is cartyorkshire@gmail.com

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Karl
Sorry for slow reply, will email the scans to you tonight...

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

CART Yorkshire
Banned User
Karl
Many Thanks for this, enjoyed reading about Stokey Lewis, I will make sure this info lands on the desk of the relevant researcher and place a copy into our archives. Anything you come across is really valuable as it sometimes just completes a puzzzle.
Kind Regards

Kind Regards

Andy Gwynne

County Information Officer for Yorkshire

Mobile: 07449 284436

Skype: Andygwynne.uk

Twitter: #CART_Yorkshire

British Resistance Archive (BRA) / Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team (CART)

The British Resistance Archive is on-line resource and internal network for serious researchers who focus on the British Resistance Movement (Auxiliary Units) during WW2. CART is a national ‘not for profit’ organisation that manages the Archive.

T: 0872 045 9940 E: [hidden email] W:www.britishresistancearchive.org

Click here for a list of regional CART researchers. Click here to get our FREE newsletter.

On 04/06/2013 20:14, Karl [via Coleshill House - Auxiliary Unit Forum] wrote:
Sorry for slow reply, will email the scans to you tonight...

http://coleshill-house-auxiliary-unit-forum.15901.n3.nabble.com/Auxiliary-Units-in-Pembroke-tp4024876p4024889.html
To start a new topic under WALES, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Coleshill House - Auxiliary Unit Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Hi Karl,

How much research do you have on this area please?

We would love to get you involved in our research if you have a bit of time.

Re: Auxiliary Units in Pembroke

Tony
Hi Matt

I can help.  Please contact me via thetinshedexperience@yahoo.co.uk