Asked to thank you by a 90 year old man.

Asked to thank you by a 90 year old man.

Nina Hannaford
Have just finished my first interview (well 3 hour long gossip really ) with a chap called John Baker who was in the Auxunit in Brixham Devon.
He is now a frail 90 year old and as I left he asked me to pass on his thanks to you all for promoting the story of the Units and remembering his fellow comrades.
So in his words "from a watery eyed old man............Thank you !"

Re: Asked to thank you by a 90 year old man.

Thanks for this Nina.

Please make sure you send keep all his info so we can make sure he gets an Aux badge/medal when the campaign takes off.

How did you record the interview?

Re: Asked to thank you by a 90 year old man.

Nina Hannaford
Very un-scientific I'm afraid. Pen paper and memory. Trying to get it all down on paper in some form of order so will pass it on when I do. Did learn some suff about my male relatives antics I was qute shocked about ! Hitting a Yank over the head with a chair in a bar because he told them they were a waste of space.......just not done in our family !
Must admit to a lump in my throat when he made me promise to pass his thanks on !