203 Battalion No.4 Group - South

This post was updated on .
I found this amazing image online of No. 4 group 203 Battalion taken at Flemming Park Sports Centre Eastleigh Hampshire.There were four patrols of seven men from Botley Grange, Chandlers Ford, Stoke Park Woods Baddesley Patrol. You can see the full size image here

203

What I find interesting is that from what I had read each group did not know about each other....If was the case why are four patrols seen posing together?

Can any of you name the people in the picture?

UPDATE

I have just found this info on this page http://www.northbaddesleyvillage.co.uk/4history-1939-1945.html

John Edmunds of Bishops Waltham has been researching these units, and has kindly let us have a photo taken at Fleming Park Pavilion at Eastleigh, which we assume was taken when the whole Home Guard was stood down in December 1944.

The Baddesley men in this Chandler’s Ford area secret auxiliary group are as follows:

Back row —far left—Bill Diaper, “Yewtree Cottage”, Street End —far right—Reg Sillence, “Northlands”, Middle Road
Centre row— far right—Eddie Fry, “Mon Ami” Botley Road Bottom row—second left—John(Jack) Jolly, “The Creek” Botley Road — sixth from left—E.P.Adderley, “The Bungalow” Botley Road — far right—Sid Osman, Castle Lane. Another was— Clem Morris, Rownhams Lane, but not identified in this group.

Others, from a wider area, who are identified in this picture are— Middle row—second left—Bob Taplin, Botley —third left—Jim Payne, Stoke Park Wood, Bishopstoke —fourth left—Mr King —fifth left—Monty Dymott, Chandlers Ford —second right—Sid Randall, Botley Front row —far left—Chris Kilford, Botley —fourth left—S/LT Reg Bignell, Botley —middle—LT. George Stokes, West End —third from right—Bill Escott, Chandlers Ford —second from right—Bob Lewry, Botley.

John Edmunds can be contacted on—01489 893937
Most of the information here is from his research and is as accurate as his sources memories.

Re: 203 Battalion No.4 Group - South

Harry W Adderley
Sgt Ernest Frank Adderley, not EP Adderley, he was my father and I have original photograph.

Re: 203 Battalion No.4 Group - South

carthampshire
Hi Harry, thanks for your post correcting our info. Can you possibly email me a copy of your father's picture and any other info relating to your father's time in the Aux units..? carthampshire@gmail.com.

In time I hope to establish a wepgae for his patrol. And it would be great to include  anything you know about his days.

Many thanks, Steve.